- 2 cups plus 3 tbsp All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1+1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & cooled to room temperature
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups coconut, toasted (see below)
1. Heat oven to 325.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread coconut evenly on baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 10-20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes for even toasting. Remove from oven when light brown. Do NOT burn. Allow to cool completely.
3. Whisk flour, soda and salt together; set aside. With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until smooth. Add sugars and beat until thoroughly combined. Beat in vanilla until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients & beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in cooled coconut.
5. Chill dough overnight.
6. When ready to bake cookies preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Drop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are light brown. Do NOT overbake! Cool cookies on baking sheets until able to lift without breaking and place on wire rack to finish cooling. Should be a little crisp on the outside and extremely chewy on the inside.
Love coconut? Find out how people are losing weight and getting healthier with coconut and coconut oil. Go to our site at http://coconut-oil-diet.com now and start losing weight today!